There’s no way to predict where or when a home invasion will occur. They can happen anywhere and aren’t limited by neighborhood. Heavy high traffic areas, like apartments and condos have a higher probability of being targeted—the steady flux of people coming in and out make it harder to spot potential security threats. Regardless of where you live, you should know the real truth about home invasions.
The following statistics are eye-openers to the importance of securing your home with a home monitoring system.
- Over 2.5 million home burglaries happen each year in the U.S.
- The most common time for a home burglary is in the middle part of the day, while most people are away.
- Over 60 percent of all burglaries happen at residential addresses rather than business addresses.
- 30 percent of burglars enter through an unlocked door or window.
- 33 percent of burglars enter through the front door.
- 60 percent of burglars break into a home by force.
- The average home burglary victim will suffer around $2,185 in physical losses, but will cause additional emotional distress that will last beyond any monetary value.
- 28 percent of home burglaries occurred while someone was home. 7 percent of these break-ins resulted in physical injury to the victims.
- Police only resolve around 13 percent of all home burglary cases.
The facts prove how devastating home invasions are; but ADT can help minimize these risks. Homes with home monitoring systems are less likely to be broken into. Find the home monitoring package that is right for your home and city (for example, Chicago). Protect your loved ones, yourself and your home today with ADT.
Additional Benefits of Having an ADT home monitoring system:
1. ADT can Save you Money on Your Homeowner’s Insurance.
Many home insurance companies will offer discounts to homeowners who have a home monitoring system. With an ADT home monitoring security system, you could potentially save up to 20% on your homeowner’s insurance. Check with your home insurance agent or broker to see if you are eligible!
2. ADT Provides a Theft Protection Guarantee
Have a peace of mind with ADT; never battle the odds alone ever again.